Saturday, April 08, 2006
The Slanty Shanty Strikes (two weeks ago)
Remember that I live in a place with slanted floors?
Two weeks ago, I was getting something out of my dresser, I turned around to talk to Bourla, and the dresser literally fell on me. (Note: I literally mean literally here. See this page for clarification).
Now I was standing up at the time directly in front of the dresser, so I ended up supporting it on my back Jean Valjean-style. Everything went flying across the room and Bourla started cracking up but, luckily, nothing was broken (which I attribute to my extreme strength [which can be confirmed by viewing me here, on what is sure to be my first of many book cover solos]).
Even though I emerged from the incident unscathed, I nevertheless found a new-found respect for the Slanty Shanty. (Yeah, that's right, I found a new-found respect.)
P.S. Entirely unrelated note: I went to bed last night at 5:00pm, after working 30 consecutive hours, and didn't wake up until 8:00am this morning. Awesome.
Two weeks ago, I was getting something out of my dresser, I turned around to talk to Bourla, and the dresser literally fell on me. (Note: I literally mean literally here. See this page for clarification).
Now I was standing up at the time directly in front of the dresser, so I ended up supporting it on my back Jean Valjean-style. Everything went flying across the room and Bourla started cracking up but, luckily, nothing was broken (which I attribute to my extreme strength [which can be confirmed by viewing me here, on what is sure to be my first of many book cover solos]).
Even though I emerged from the incident unscathed, I nevertheless found a new-found respect for the Slanty Shanty. (Yeah, that's right, I found a new-found respect.)
P.S. Entirely unrelated note: I went to bed last night at 5:00pm, after working 30 consecutive hours, and didn't wake up until 8:00am this morning. Awesome.

